Monday, April 7, 2014

Jacqui Jacoby's WITH A VENGEANCE goes into print.

Award winning author, Jacqui Jacoby lives and writes in the beauty of the Valley of the Sun. Currently adjusting to her new digs, Jacqui is a self proclaimed, self–defense hobbyist. Having studied martial arts for numerous years she retired in 2006 from the sport.
She is a working Mom, whose career includes writing books, teaching online and live workshops and penning short non–fiction. She can be reached via her website.



JACQUI JACOBY ON THE WEB:




Can you share a short bio with me and the readers?  
Recently relocated to her dream hometown in Northern Arizona, Jacqui Jacoby has become an empty nester, both sad to see them grow-up and thrilled for the time opened by the experience to dedicate to her craft.  A former martial artist who once studied sword play as research for a book, Jacqui is now a full time writer. She also teaches online and live workshops and donates a seven month mentor program to the Brenda Novak auction in May.  Paying it forward with words is a lesson taught to her by her first mentor and Jacqui enjoys helping other discover the thrill of creating their own universes.
What made you a writer?
The first time I remember talking to myself and getting busted for it (“What are you going there, weirdo?”)  It was nursery school.  The voices kept coming, I kept talking and at about twenty-five I started to write down what they were saying. I am now fifty-years-old, home alone for the week as my husband travels and yes, talking out loud with my new characters in my new series as all of us work together to plot the books.  I love imaginary friends!!
What inspires you?  
What inspires me to write?  I think it starts with a character who sneaks into my mind when I am not expecting it. Maybe based on someone I see, a photo.  Some person I did not realize was going to have a profound effect on me. Slowly their personality forms, their habits. I learn about their kid sister they adored and lost, or about how they like their coffee in the morning. At some point as they haunt my thoughts every single minute, I will begin to talk to them as if this is a real, imagery -- and I do use real and imaginary in the same sentence on purpose -- friend from long ago.  A problem of theirs will arise and as their situations start to form, I will start moving players in my mind into positions that make up their story.
Sum up your latest release in a Tweet (120 characters).   
Bullets, best friends and a moment when they look at each other and realize there is more.
Future plans?  
I am currently working on a four book set called The Dead Men Series. Books I is done has begun its journey through the rabbit holes. Book II’s first draft is finished and I am starting to edit that.  Books III & IV are done in concept and I am schedule to start typing on them pretty quick. In addition another book, MAGIC MAN. will be announced for publication real soon.

WITH A VENGEANCE





The more she wanted out, the more they dragged her back in!

Daughter to murdered CIA officers, niece to a deputy director, Jaime Walsh has never known life outside the world of espionage. Until a high-action case in Buenos Aires leaves her gutted. Physically, emotionally…and professionally.

She’d planned for her long-overdue vacation to be a time to rest and reassess. With her longtime partner Stephen not far behind, it’s a tropical paradise away from work. A paradise where boundaries will be tested.

From their training days, Stephen Reid has watched Jaime kick ass while performing what has become his second job—watching her back. But now his feelings have grown.

As best friends look at each other in a new light, they like what they see. And Jaime dreams of a new life outside “the company”.

Except someone from their past won’t be satisfied until Jaime and the man she loves are hunted to the brink of death. Now Jaime must find the strength to trust her heart and let go of her fear. Before she loses everything…


Read an Excerpt


Read Reviews


Buy Links:   The Book Depository


Samhain         Amazon          B&N           PowellsBooks




15 comments:

  1. Hey, I wanted to say it was great to hang out here and thank you so much for hosting me. I hope you all enjoy the book.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're very welcome Jacqui. I read and reviewed your book last year and I still remember it vividly. Plenty of suspense and action.

      Delete
  2. This looks intriguing. Will be sure to check it out.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi LAYLI. Thanks for stopping by.

      Delete
    2. Oh, I hope you like it!! It was a blast to work with both Jaime and Stephen.

      Delete
  3. Looks good. I always like to read a books with female protagonists. Will check it out. Also Jacqui, you show broad interest in career. From martial arts to writing, I am sure it must have been a very interesting journey. Interesting 'interests', interesting career and interesting title. Will have to check it out.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey Purva welcome. Thanks for reading and commenting.

      Delete
    2. Hey Purva, thanks for that compliment. Yeah, it was an interesting journey. Alot of it had to do with kids ... we did the marital arts together, but some, like the sword then me.

      Delete
  4. That's a lot of books coming out!! Awesome :)
    Love getting to know those characters too!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Jemi, great to see you over here.

      Delete
    2. There are a few and they all want my attention!! Even imaniary people need love!!

      Delete
  5. Hi Jacqui,
    I loved reading about you and your *voices*. It's what most good writers have in one for or another. I love the sound of your book.
    Great interview Maria, as always!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeap. Love me "voices" .., even my shrink loves them. Says they keep sane. LOL

      Delete
  6. Fascinating interview - thank you, both. xx

    ReplyDelete

It's great to get your visit. Please let me know what you think of the post.....